Thursday, September 27, 2012

Where sendom is heard ...an encouraging word


We did our first cow clinic. I did not do well.  I did not understand what to do and I did not understand how to make my body do what was being asked.- I am a perfectionist on the inside with a lot of self doubt/  I dont like to do things that I cant win.  In fact rarley will I allow myself to be in a position be be humiliated.  But I did that this weekend.


JR is good at this they tell me - in the hands of someone who knows.. he is great.. in my hands he is not.  Now lets get it straight that he is GREAT a great soul of a horse.. so that is never in question..


But working cows is hard work and I had never in my mind had broken it down..we had learned to drive and hold -- but working out a cow is wholly different.

That simple saying- nothing worthwhile is ever easy.  I pick myself up - face my fear.  What am I afraid of? I am afraid of failing - I am not afraid of landing on the ground....I am afraid to fail.

But - I am reading the" Eighty Dollar Champion".  One of the lines in the book goes like this "When you have been given a second chance - you want to be worthy of it".  It made me cry.. so I knew I had named one of my fears

 I am afraid I am not worthy of this chance with JR.  Not worthy of a chance to make my own dreams with horses come true.  There - that is what I am afraid of .. named it.

Now - on to tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment